We saw four geese on our property the other day! Maybe we should tell them they are late in flying south :)
Here are a few facts on geese.
- Geese are a type of waterfowl belonging to the group of Anserini.
- Geese mostly eat greens vegetation and grains.
- There are three kinds of true geese gray geese, white geese ,and black geese.
Some Geese do amazing things while they are migrating. There is a species in Asia, Bar-headed Geese (Aner indicus), that migrate over the tallest mountain in the world (can you guess?) in the Himalayan Mountains. The air temperature is as low as -60 Degrees F.
Now that is a “wow”.
- Wikipedia contributors, “Goose,” Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Goose&oldid=633827032 (accessed November 19, 2014).
- “Migrating Geese”, Chipper Woods Bird Observatory, http://www.wbu.com/chipperwoods/photos/geese.htm (accessed November 19, 2014)