I think my inkjet printer is about ready to die… Between printing GP-7 permit applications (fodder for another post), and a 700 page photo-intensive portfolio, it’s gone above and beyond the monthly duty cycle.
Here is a photograph of the finished portfolio in a 5″ binder printed on 48lb double sided matte photo paper. It is really neat to look at and remember everything we did this year.
After several intense programming sessions, I got the HomeSchool software in a quite suitable place for us to be able to use it to produce a log and portfolio.
I must say, it’s looking pretty nice! It is rather amazing to look back at the year, and see in detail what was going on with Eli.
One of my favorites is on page 159 (read the letter on the telephone pole):
Here is a screen shot of the book view:
The ability to add and remove images from a Book Page is now working. Next step is to make the alignment buttons work. Final step is to plug it into the rendering…
I’ve recently been working against a deadline this month to get our Portfolio rendered, printed, and turned into the local Altoona Area School District.
The software has many improvements from the last couple days alone. A background page renderer runs at all times, and will re-render a book’s page if anything on it changed. The user interface for positioning images on a page is nearly complete. I’ve enhanced the database with storage of full size JPEG images as well as info about the image (width, height, type, size).
Here is a screen shot of the page editor: